Saturday, April 10, 2010

Daddy's little girl--no matter how old

Tuscan vacation

As I drove through the city and enjoyed the April sunshine, I couldn't help but admire a dad who had his little girl dangled around his neck and who kept tightening her grip around him as they went along-she probably felt like the luckiest girl. Or the little ballerina hand-in-hand with his dad on their morning coffee run.

These little glances of fatherly love remind me of my dad, who although being in CT-doesn't usually feel that far away. We've always been especially close-both of us very emotional, sentimental, comical and hopeless romantics. As my wedding day approaches (only a little over 5 months now, wow!) I often think about what cherished moments are in store for us as he walks me down the aisle to my soon-to-be hubby or dances with me to 'It's A Wonderful Life' for our father/daughter dance. I know that I will always be his little girl...



love him

(this is how I use to travel as a little girl)



No comments:

Post a Comment