Monday, April 19, 2010

A place of our own




the house I've loved since I was a little girl
can you guess what movie it's from?

As our wedding approaches in September and my soon-to-be hubby finishes school at American University, I can't help but notice how I have this new desire to move to a new place and actually own our first home.

As much as I've loved living in D.C. I've grown tired of being in a city and am equally tired of paying rent every month and knowing I'll never see that money again. I would love to have a place of our own, to grow into and one day raise babies in :) Also, with being in a small apartment-we're often tight on space and when the weather gets nice (like now-I'd love to be outside on a patio more, have a vegetable garden and enjoy the scenery)


another fav, in Orlando FL
across from my cousin's home

Anyway...my honey is from California and it will be interesting to see whether or not we end up back there in the next year or so. I've always been into Tuscan/Mediterranean homes but lately California ranch style homes are growing on me..among other styles (my babe was raised in a ranch-style home!) I like homes with lots of charm & character and definitely am not into the modern feel. HGTV is such a great way to spend nights cuddling up to my man and dreaming about a place I can one day call home :)


1 comment: