Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A South Carolina Beach Wedding: What to Wear?!

Yesterday my good ole friend, Lauren, a native Lexington Kentucky gal who now lives in DC, who is cute as a button and has the same energy and mannerisms to match her cuteness might I add ...asked me for help about what she should wear to a wedding in Pawley's Island South Carolina. I felt so honored she considered my style opinion worthy to be considered. Here goes..
the drape look is so sweet yet so pulled together. this color is gorgeous too!

this color is stunning and not too over-powering. the cut is glam too, a little skin but not too much and totally beach friendly
a little less structured which is great for this wedding setting. like the longer sleeves a lot too, since it can get breezy

I would pull out my palette of colors and consider doing mustard, emerald, plum, a soft grey (a yellow clutch would be nice and playful) burnt orange, brown (but not too deep), royal blue, and navy (for that nautical feel and again since its on the beach!!) and stick in the jewel color/ or bejeweled bliss family. I think I'd stay away from red since it can be loud and is more ballroom worthy than on a beach location. Also, these colors really remind me of Fall so I would downplay the colors a little (since this wedding is on the beach) and pair the dress with sandal wedges and a lace (obsessed with lace, ahh!) shawl or fun textural piece to bring some energy and fun into the overall look.

I love patterns and one-shouldered dresses too. Just make sure if you take a more summery dress that you have fun with it and dress it up with a fun hair band or hat (nod to the Brits :)!) or a statement necklace so that you change the look from Summer to beginning of Fall. I am a big fan of a darker color dress with a whimsical hair piece, clutch or something to bring some drama to the outfit and add a pop of wow.

As we are faced with early Fall and the following factors I think we are heading in the right direction:

Location: Pawley's Island SC---formal, yet beachy

Size: small and intimate

Responsibility: Reading "I Carry Your Heart with Me" by E.E. Cummings in the ceremony
xoxo LC-good luck my dear, i hope some of this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment