Friday, April 27, 2012

Catching Up {Easter Weekend & Jacin's Lovely Launch Party}



I have been meaning to write day-after-day and day-after-day I can't seem to find enough time to download my many photos and put them in to a lovely post for you to enjoy. Ahh, how do moms around the country balance children in the mix along with everything else? With only a puppy and a hubby here, I feel like it is hard enough for ME to balance everything and the kiddos haven't even entered the picture yet haha. I want to recap from Easter, even though it is now many weeks past and Jacin's Lovely Little Launch Party in SF.

what did you use as your Easter Bunny bait?

Doesn't this Easter snack mix look divine? I found it on Pinterest-recipe found here.


 
Our Easter Red Stamp card

How did you spend your Easter weekend? We were down at the hubby's grandparents for Easter in Los Banos, CA.
Two men in bunny ears, no big deal :)

I heart this video of a DIY Easter hostess basket over at Yumsugar. Even the music played along with the step-by-step directions makes me feel a little lighter and happier :)
Garcy's (B's grandma) flowers were sprouting up all over in all magnificent colors, shapes and sizes. Flowers are my heaven.
Garcy gave us a mini succulent garden which was the sweetest little thing ever. My momma and father sent along this lovely Rifle Paper card, my mom and I have a thing for Rifle-love, love love and there just so happened to be some $ in there too, very generous of them~

And now on to Jacin from Lovely Little Details and her launch party in SF!
My friend Stephanie and I at the launch, looking like a big frumpy lady here. Not a fan of this shot of me but needed to post a photo from the party!

Loved all of the lovely little details scattered throughout the venue

 
 
 a chalkboard decal, obsessed

 a photo shot with Jacin!


being silly with my friend Stephanie

lovely cake pops in all of her colors. My fav were the red velvet ones, of course

 pie pops, the latest and greatest idea!

 striped straws and bellinis, what more could you need? :)

 loved the fabric choices, especially this floral one

a mason jar even in the bathroom... yes, I noticed!


I've been wanting to meet the lovely Jacin of LLD for some time now. We discovered that we both are from the quaint little town of Guilford, CT. Her family actually owns the little hardware store in town that has been there forever and is a place I went to frequently with my dad or mom on trips to get the lawnmower fixed, to pick up some bird seed, or whatever it may have been. I have fond memories of those trips because the hardware store was and continues to be run by friendly and helpful staff, has that warm environment, and has unique products you don't seem to find at most stores. It's a family-run store, something that unfortunately you don't see as often anymore..which makes it a true treasure in the world we live in today.

Anyway, Jacin is from Gtown and had her wedding reception at Pine Orchard Yacht and Country Club too! POYCC runs deep in my blood since I spent most of my childhood there at the snack bar, on the tennis courts, in the pool, in the golf cart or out on the beach collecting sea glass and other valuable finds. Also, my parents had their wedding reception at POYCC as well so this place just has layers of meaning for me. So I knew that with these things in common and the fact that Jacin is a good ole New England girl like myself, that we would hit it off quite well. Since I have an events background and have been wanting to get into more social event planning, I knew she could give me an honest perspective on that world and give me some ideas of how to get started. Anyway, with busy schedules we haven't had the chance to meet up and so she invited me to come to her launch party.

She was everything I expected her to be, and then some. Jacin is very likeable-is outgoing, has a welcoming smile and knows her details of course :) We only were able to chat for a few minutes but I was taken by all of her thoughtful touches on the party-the mason jars placed throughout, even in the bathroom (& her Grandma's jam...which was a favor and ran out before I could grab a bottle but it sure looked tasty!!) I had such a wonderful time and hope to meet up with Jacin again soon-only this time a little longer :)

Cheers and happy friday, everyone!!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. this is such a sweet recap - thank you SO much for coming and i really look forward to meeting up soon!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete