Sunday, November 7, 2010

Foodie Friday...a few days late


This week seemed like a whirlwind where I felt like I was living worlds outside of myself trying to juggle work and hubby time and basically just trying to make it through the week. Although I have to admit that I didn't really make anything really new, I have to say that I brought to life a family casserole recipe and made it for a coworker who is dealing with a broken foot and so I felt like I did good all around :) The recipe I can't easily copy and paste it from a website or show you a pic of the recipe card because it has been passed to me many times through e-mail in my mom's pretty writing with phrases like " a good sprinkle of cheese" and so I feel anyone trying to re-create it would get lost in the hidden phrases. Anyway, the casserole is a chicken, green bean, watercress and cheese mixture of goodness and I had fun throwing it together!

The only other "recipe" or sorts I can take claim to this week is an exhausted evening that called for some Elmo vegetable noodle soup (yes I know, my husband asked me if I am still 5 years old) from a can and a grilled cheese with truffle butter to add a little fanciness to the dish. I was quite impressed with myself as I went by a few stores on my way home from work (since it always seems that we need to shop around here in DC to get all of our food items on the list because one store doesn't have it all)...and got some swiss cheese and truffle butter--gosh that stuff is expensive, it was like $9 for a TINY little tub of the stuff, but I figured it was worth it, HADD to be worth the $$. I was pleasantly surprised with how much it enhanced my plain little sandwich and made my dinner feel so elegant and satisfying...Funny how we surprise ourselves sometimes, for me it seems to be that I can be more creative than I ever thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment