Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Patience...is a virtue

I am expecting our wedding photos this week, we were suppose to get them last week but there was a small delay so this is the week! I have been waiting for them and have been trying to be patient but apparently that quickly went out the door. In turn, I have started to sweat, get nervous and obsess about these once of a lifetime pictures and have been a tough self critic, and I haven't even SEEN them yet. How funny, right?

I have been worried about shots that I didn't get--

*one with the bridal party and flower girl and ring bearer
*some shots of my hubby and I strolling the beach arm and arm or on the putting green near the front of the country club
*more posed shots with my friends
*a high school and college group shot
*the flower toss that never happened, I didn't even notice until after the wedding was over that I hadn't thrown it!

But looking back and the more I've talked with friends and family, I was so in the moment and having such a blast that this is truly all that matters--the fun, the happiness, all will be depicted in the photos and tell a story. It is funny that someone like me who is SOO photo obsessed would have forgotten to tell the photographer to snag these shots but again, I finally had stopped fretting about my hair and other details and was just rocking out with my friends and family. And again, I haven't even seen the pictures yet so who knows what Steve and his wonderful partner, Robyn snagged..so we shall see. Even better, we decided last minute to video everything so totally LOVING that.

My advice to future brides:
1.) make a solid list of shots you MUST have
2.) don't fret over shots, the pictures should be able to capture the mood and tell a story of the day
3.) have the time of your life, because that is what this wedding you are having is really all about

1 comment:

  1. you had steve depino, the most amazing photographer (and a great friend!) and your photos were perfect!! i totally agree about the missed photos and to MAKE A LIST of images you want, though, because i wish i did the very same thing for my wedding and i feel like we missed out on a ton of shots too!
    PS - loved the venue, we got married at POYCC too :)

    ReplyDelete