Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Kennedys-A Mini Series



Recently the Reelz television channel did a mini series on The Kennedys. Although I wasn't sure how accurate Katie Holmes' accent was, I found the series very addicting and an interesting way to get a closer glimpse into this 'royal' family, the pressures they faced, the relationship between the President and his wife, Jackie's efforts to always put her family first, despite all sacrifices and hopefully gave me a realistic glimpse into life of The Kennedys.





I got my fill of history and another look at Jackie's fabulous clothing selections. That woman sure knew how to dress and carried herself so perfectly as the First Lady. It inspired me to pull out a coffee table book that I cherish called "A Thousand Days of Magic: Dressing Jacqueline Kennedy for the White House" by Oleg Cassini. Cassini who was the creator of the "Jackie look" made the First Lady one of the best-dressed women in the world and a glamourous icon of the Kennedy era. He designed over 300 outfits for Jackie Kennedy-coats, dresses, evening gowns, suits, and day wear. He also coordinated every detail of her wardrobe, from shoes and hats to gloves and handbags. This book is a must-have to add to your coffee book collection and gives wonderful accounts of Jackie's letters to her world class designer!








My parents gave me dvds of the series Mad Men when they came to visit for the cherry blossoms and I think that will have to be the next series I get into, what could be better than steamy love triangles, wonderful wardrobes and past eras in time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment