Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Parents' Trip to CA Told through Pictures...

From mom showing up with goodies from CT-an array of some of my favorite mags, including In Style, which I never buy because she always gives me her scraps, I mean leftovers:) the gorgeous curtains she made for our living room, the Red Rooster cookies from my favorite bakery in Guilford-in fact, pumpkin and carrot cake cookies have already been ordered for Turkey day, hoorrayy! to my dad's silly Halloween hair he quickly put on as I picked them up at the airport, to them meeting our new pup, to their first trip to In-And-Out (a CA institution!!) to fabulous finds in Danville (the nest wire hanger is on the Christmas list), discovering that Bridges Restaurant was in fact the one in Mrs. Doubtfire and great Christmas decor in a shop that reminds me of Taken for Granite---back home in CT....to a trip to SF with the trollies, sourdough, fresh seafood lunches, Gumps, where it was so sweet watching my dad act like a little kid as he was totally in love with all of their Christmas and Holiday gear, and Chinatown deals are always incredible to farmer's market finds and a daytrip to Carmel where we ate at the Cypress Inn (a hotel dedicated esp to dogs, you know), Lou was the talk of the town as we couldn't get 3 feet without kids, women and everyone cooing and loving on him, to the beach at Carmel, Louie had to eat sand again, of course :-) to the farmer's market here in town with my dad to buy tomatoes (he didn't get any good ones in his garden this summer) to wine tastings at 3 of the 52 wineries in town to seeing Brad's grandparents and going out to Bernard's farm land to see the harvesting of cotton and having dinner at the mexican restaurant in LB that my hubby has been going to since he was a little kid....we had a wonderful time together...then Halloween came and I dressed up Lou as a little pumpkin, melt my heart....but again, time with the rents was a blast and will stand as a loving memory in my mind for a long, long time. Love~

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Glad you all had a special time together!

    ReplyDelete