Thursday, November 10, 2011

Snail Mail Letter Reminder!

I have a great little floral birthday/special event reminder book but so often that book disappears under a magazine or two or in a drawer and I forget to look at the upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, new home celebrations, and other joyous events on my horizon. Then I scramble to get a card in the mail and worry it will arrive late. I also hate to be that friend who only does fb and text messages for a birthday greeting. I adore my friends & love them AND my family very deeply so I obviously want to show I care, because I do! So to change this and make myself more prepared...I learned a new trick!
The past few times I've been at my grandmother-in-law's house, I've been noticing that she has cards waiting by the door for her grandkids, children, in-laws, upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, etc,... you name it she has it :)...that have the postage on them and are all sealed up and ready to go. I have put into place her well-organized habit and now have a birthday letter for my friend, Bonnie, waiting in our window mirror ready to go to the post office! Lets hope this practice pays off :)
***On a side note, I have to say that my hubby's grandmother is sensational on many levels and for many reasons but she certainly has her card delivery system in check. We got a card on our anniversary, we get thank you's for everything (even simple containers we got her at Costco) and we got a Halloween card, which arrived a few days early and had money in it for both me and the hubs. She impresses me all the time with how on top of things she is. Oh, and did I mention she is 91?! She definitely inspires me to live my life to the fullest and to be proactive, upbeat and an all around wonderful person. I know she won't read this but she needed a shout out because she is just thatttt amazing. I love you, Garc xo

No comments:

Post a Comment