Friday, October 15, 2010

Foodie Friday


I have to admit that for this past year I have been pretty off and on in terms of my cooking-I've gotten so caught up in my many trips back and forth btw D.C. and CT, our engagement party, bridal showers and the many events that come with engagement time/wedding planning that I've just become reliant on B to do most of the cooking or have taken to doing very simple meals. It has truly been a great few months as we celebrated our engagement and now marriage. I feel so blessed to have B as my official hubby and partner in life-- I love him so much!! When I think about Brad and see him I know that I am home~

Anyway, I've decided every week I am going to introduce a new recipe into our married life and last night I made a wonderful dish:


Quinoa with Moroccan Winter Squash and Carrot Stew



My brother and his bride-to-be made this dish for me this past weekend when I was up in Rochester visiting and I liked it so much that I had to re-create it for B (who had to come back to D.C. a day early, boo). The meal is so hearty and warms the soul and I think it is just so scrumptious! Try it out and let me know your thoughts...
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Quinoa-with-Moroccan-Winter-Squash-and-Carrot-Stew-233714


the Katers version

Tomorrow morning I am off to Dickinson College to have a mini reunion with some of my besties and will start the day with a recipe my soon to be sister-in-law gave me that is so fall and delicious, you're sure to like it. It is a simple little recipe but I think it is a little gem of its own:


Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
*light brown sugar
*cinnamon
*pumpkin pie space
*some canned pumpkin

as gorgeous as it is in a pumpkin, I usually serve mine in one of my colorful bowls and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment