Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween or Autumn Party Inspiration


With the smell of Fall in the air, the pumpkins and lanterns on the front step, pumpkin ice cream flying off the shelves at Trader Joes's and Halloween just around the corner, I've been inspired by all the creative people out there decorating their homes for the upcoming holiday and preparing for a kid or adult friendly costume party too.

My parents will be in town for the big to do so I've been doing some decorating around our apartment (pictures to come soon) and will be dressing up our little Louie but thats about it. If my parents weren't in town and I had a nice big house to doll up and go all out for... and friends who would attend (I'm new to CA and the area so I'm still working on the friends department :P)

here are some ideas I am loving for entertaining...

Decorative pieces to put throughout your home:
pumpkin votives
one of my favorite ideas, I am a lace lover for life
toile pumpkins, I think I am in heaven :)

Centerpieces:

Table settings:

Signature Drink:
apple cider punch

Dessert:
pumpkin mousse-recipe

Favor:
carmel apples dipped in all things yummy-my personal favorite!!
adorably packaged cookies-to buy here

I love this place for all of your striped straws, sweet balloons and other party needs!

Be sure to check out KAG's blog to see her Fall dinner party ideas and to get the recipe for her cocktail featured above.

{food and decor photos courtesy of Country Living.com, this site, and Good Housekeeping}

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kate for this Hallloween-festive post! I was actually hoping you would do one soon so that I could get good ideas from you! I love your taste! :) Hope you have a fun time with your parents!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete