Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Return from Italia/Christmas Preparations

Looking OK for no sleep in over 24 hours...the lattes made up for it!
beautiful friends
Evie at her art exhibit-so proud of her showing her art in Florence, how cool?!!
one of my absolute fav things about Italy in December, all of the pretty lights
the Duomo
this bartender was an artist
first night

I had a lot of ribolleta on this trip, this one was more like stew but totally yummy
the best food store ever
w/ Uncle Dick on the bridge
gorgeous.
I couldn't resist these gloves. My splurge on the trip. I got the grey pair on the right. Maybe it was the ruffle, or mini bow, or the fabulous color, which I have been obsessed with this Fall/Winter... I HEART THEM
snuck a shot of David
the best dinner on the trip. so much fun!! butt jokes, delicious food, sweet and funny Italian staff and chefs, lots of booze and time together
a cute one with Kristina
the most amazing dish I had! pasta with white truffles. orgasmic :)
the owner of the restaurant and our waiter. the owner was so dreamy in person :-)
the cutie chefs...when the guy on the right found out we were from CA, he said "we need to go to California"-with a wonderful Italian accent, hehe
the butt...
we sent the Chanel party some prosecco and they toasted us with it. so cute
Jen with our waiter...she is almost tanked at this point
no words needed
WOW
and thats a wrap!
almond gelato, the bestttt
the Biennale Artist dinner for our last night...definitely not what we thought it would be, thank goodness for the crazy dinner the night before :)
Back to America...Back to my husband and little Louie :)

My hubby got Louie groomed for his first time while I was away. What a magical surprise, so happy to hold my little man again!!!!
And he put up the new curtain my mom made for our master bedroom...I love the birds in the floral design
And he put up lights on our balcony...AND he cleaned our whole apartment from top to bottom. I love him so.
My dining room table scape. I was proud of my work...I like to think sometimes I have an eye for things, maybe I'll keep hoping. Thoughts?
We strung popcorn and cranberries for our tree-which turns out is a hubby fam tradition and one in mine too. Love that similarity!
While Louie napped...
Our tree in all of its glory...and Louie too
B made awesome homemade chocolate, caramel and seat salt popcorn
Gifts arrived from my family on the East Coast

Garcy turned 92 and was surrounded by her family for the occasion. What a wonder she is to all of us!

1 comment:

  1. In love with your Italia photos! It was so fun looking through them but I'm sure not as fun as actually being there! ;) It looks like you had a wonderful trip. You look so happy... & glowing! xoxox

    ReplyDelete