Monday, May 3, 2010

A Beautiful Woman Inside and Out


boat ride through the Thimbles

together in Italia

My mom is really quite the woman and has dedicated her life as a stay-at-home mom to the upbringing of my brother and me. She toted us around to soccer practice, play dates, basketball practice, tennis lessons, flute and baritone music rehearsals, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, was a PTO mom and gave countless hours to us to ensure that we developed into people with strong morals and big hearts and I have to say she did a wonderful job.

Now with my wedding approaching in September she has dedicated countless hours to making sure that my wedding is perfect down to the very last detail. It has been hard planning my wedding from afar, while I am in D.C., and she is in CT, but despite the distance, she has been my main event planner and made the process flawless. When I come home for visits, she has her mountain of wedding magazines waiting, new ideas to ask me about, swatches to show me, e-mails to brief me on, and has always been respectful of that fact that this is my wedding from the very beginning. I often compare her to Martha Stewart because of her creativity. A few years back, she started her own embroidery and monogramming business and it really has shined a light on her many talents.

As my wedding nears, I constantly witness my mom's generous ways and loving touch and hope she knows how much I love her for all that she does, and for all that she is.


I owe her all the thanks in the world....



I know I will have a similar moment on my monumental day xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment