Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Freshness and Clean Eating

i love this momma and her daughters are absolute cutie pies...she is so down-to-earth and such a great example of a healthy, classy mom & woman (similar to my other gal-Reese Witherspoon-they both are wonderful role models!)

shopping at the Brentwood Market


I have missed the farmer's markets and array of fresh fruits and vegetables and just wanted to post quickly about my absolute joy that there are so many great options out there now. Sure in the fall and winter I could grab a delicious sourdough or some fine cheeses from the farmer's market in Bethesda Row but now the variety and abundance is so much better! Fresh veggies, fruits, seafood-what more can you need? And given the chance to pick up fresh flowers-I wouldn't pass that up!

I am also posting a link for Captain Whites which I think is a secret charm of the city-it has the best deals on fresh seafood, can't wait to go there either! And I have to say that going to this market is quite an experience, make sure you check it out and also remember to bring lots of cash and a ice chest to load up!

Some markets in the area I'm fond of!

*Dupont Circle


This link has a full list of markets in the area-would love to try a new one every weekend! How about you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment