Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Exciting Things in 2011


I feel so grateful for all of the wonderful, supportive and loving people I have surrounding me in my life. This year I want to make sure that I take it all in a little more, savor the little moments and put more emphasis on all of the great people-family and friends in my life, rather than the things I have or things I am missing because after all they are just objects.

The Carta Family is growing as B and I tied the knot in September and Carey and my bro will be getting hitched in August up in Rochester, NY. So excited for them and thrilled to be in the wedding. Just ordered the dress yesterday...

Look for me August 27th in this hot dress :-) --minus those clunky shoes and the weird bracelet...I better get my tan on!

Engagement Pic-so love this one

Cherry Blossom Festival in DC

Some things I'd like to work on for the new year, I don't really believe in so-called, "resolutions," because I feel that these things should be part of your every day living but there are definately areas I need to work on:

~More patience and understanding

~Organization, Organization, O-R-G-A-N-I-Z-A-T-I-O-N

~Email clean up {work and personal}

~More resistance to buying more stuff, that being candles, clothing, bags--all the fun stuff, I should just say!

~Lots of love and support for my honey as he continues his job search and finds something exciting for himself to take hold of

Exciting news worth noting....

Blog time
Ms. Lavinia's new blog that she said she started to write about her design projects she is working on, what her friends and family are up to and also an outlet for her obsessive reading of the NY Times anddd she has a new camera so it is going to be quite something, I am predicting :)
Lavinia and I go back to high school and I we crack up thinking of how I befriended her (the new girl in school) who came into our auditorium during an assembly and I invited her to sit with me, the rest seems like history. I feel like she can do anything and everything and I look up to her for the person she is-she makes clothes, sings Opera so beautifully it can bring tears to your eyes--I was lucky to have her sing during Communion at my wedding, all I can say is WOW, she speaks fluent Spanish, is friends with everyone and when I think of her, she represents home to me. She is an amazing person-so unique, full of life and laughter, there is something very infectious about her presence-you feel so welcome and cared for around her, she is outgoing with this loving warmth that surrounds her, a true friend to the core and I view her as a sister and family member. We have been through a lot together and she has always shown her true colors--of gold. I love her dearly.

Check out her blog here
{Livvy said I inspired her to start this, truly touched L xo)

looking glam, always..

holding my hand while I get ready for the big day...

Friends getting married

Sarah and Will-set to tie the knot on June 18th in PA

Lisa and Nate-set to tie the knot on July 30th in New Jersey

Kaitlyn and Nick-set to tie the knot on August 20th
(exactly a week before my brother and his girly love)

This year will prove to be busy with weddings, lots of fun, cooking up a storm-making more bread from scratch, laughing, kisses, and memory making and great adventures for my man and I as he finds a job he loves and we figure out the next step and hopefully get....

a king charles cavalier
L.O.L.A

On our mini-moon to Nantucket we say this king charles in the ferry waiting room and I thought she was the cutest and heard her owner call her Lola and since she was the type of dog I love, adore the name Lola (and no not the famous song) and like that the name will remind me of our sweet moon to an island that is close to my heart.. I hope that this year we get our own little Lola to love on :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. Your writing is beautiful and I love the adjectives you use as they truly capture your thoughts perfectly. :)

    Hope you had a Happy New Year! Let's talk this week... xoxox Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. we will have matching King Charles' one day. let's pick out siblings... that would be SO fun!

    ReplyDelete