Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pleasure Pieces

~Pieces of pleasure scattered through my days~
(there are 5 this week)

1.) Somehow when I dropped some of my water bottle in my driver's seat, my stereo and sound system got ruined... so lots of $ later it is now working and I am enjoying the sound of my own voice (despite how off key) and rocking out to my jams as I ride to work
2.) Starting the week off right with Sunday morning multigrain pancakes and fruit salad
{aren't blood oranges breathtakingly beautiful?!}
3.) Yes this is going to seem so minor but my co-workers M and L can agree with me that this is really so MAJOR--the sink in the women's bathroom is now automatic and it is so convenient, more sanitary and makes bathroom experiences so much more pleasurable
Notice how many times the word "pleasure" has come up in this post?! :-)
4.) Brad never getting the mail and letting me instead--he knows how much I love this mind-less activity and how much pleasure it brings to me to get fun magazines in the mail (they are such sugary surprises, love them) letters from friends (esp these postcard 'go postal' iphone application cards that Livvy sends me in the mail that arrive so unexpectedly) and when I'm really lucky--packages in the mail, like what came in the mail yesterday...be patient, more about that loveliness will come tomorrow!
5.) Being married to my hero in so many ways, especially in the kitchen. He inspires me to try to cook things without recipes, to practice my basics and lovingly reminds me that I too can cook well I just need to give it a try more often...(come on K8 confidence-kick it up a notch) I know sometimes I get intimated (oops, typo-intimidated..you know where my mind is at as a newlywed :):)) by my B's cooking skills but I've realized what a gift he has and I know he will make his print on the world through food in a big way...

{a vegetable frittata he whipped up the other night to cook up all the leftovers in the fridge}

{homemade pizza-the kind of crust you use really does make all of the difference in the world}

{Pork chops with rosemary and pearl onions, yummy}

No comments:

Post a Comment