Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fun Sayings and Inspiring Quotes!


This weekend has been full of fun sayings I have seen across the many paths I have crossed and couldn't help but smile at the kind little words that are around us every day and make a woman like me have an extra skip in her walk.

At Whole Foods:
"hugs and quiches" and "just for the halibut" gift cards that I found oh so cute

At Bloomies:
"Couples that bathe together stay together" {in the towel section of the Home Department}
"Last night I dreamed that I ate a 10 pound marshmallow and when I woke up, my pillow was gone" {in the bedding section of the Home Department}
I felt like I was being surrounded by secret meanings and God was reminding me to have faith in the good in the world and in myself.


B and I watched the movie Bella-it was a beautiful film and definitely had a lot of substance and beauty. One of the beginning quotes in the opening of the film is, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." I loved this quote and it really confirms that you don't know where your life is going to lead and you have to have faith in God and let things happen as they are suppose to happen.
Bella tells the story of a world famous Latin soccer star who sinks into oblivion after accidentally killing a little girl. His life is set back on course when encountering a pregnant mother in crisis. Bella is a life-affirming, award-winning movie. [source http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2008/05/bella_dvd_goes.html] Check it out here

I remember a few weeks ago when I spoke with an elderly Hungarian woman I use to work with at the German Embassy House and she gave me advice on marriage and said to always remember to have "patience, nerves and humor" and also reminded me not to "let the love run out"
These little sayings, quotes and words of wisdom have been some sunshine in my life...I hope you don't overlook the little words in your life as you walk down the streets of NYC, grocery shop or just take in the world around you...

No comments:

Post a Comment